Building Character Through Service
Coronado High School is always looking for opportunities where our students can volunteer in our community. We continue to work alongside with TOPS Soccer, Hurst Ranch, Parents' Place, Fairplex Pomona, and several other organizations in the West Covina community. Please join us and help your community!
Coronado High School students are encouraged to participate in our volunteering program, Building Character Through Service. Students work alongside with Ms. Cruz, school counselor, and commit to the responsibility of volunteering throughout the community of West Covina.
The Outreach Program for Soccer (TOPS) is a community-based soccer program for young athletes with physical and mental disabilities that provides a safe and fun environment for their child to participate in organized sports. Coach Mike and Michelle Longoria, along with our very own, Mr. Thomas, meet on Monday evenings for 2 seasons, first in the fall and then later in the spring. Coronado has been supplying student volunteers for close to a decade. Please make it a point to come out and help in this great cause and become someone's "soccer buddy". The season ends on October 30th due to the time change...the field is just too dark to play at 5:00pm! There is an award ceremony at the end of the season...stay tuned for some closing remarks!
Last year, we are stressed more community service hours for classroom projects and experiences for students to become more involved and to explore the positive potential for real-world experiences. Already, we have instituted...
- TOPS Soccer (Mondays from 5:45pm to 7:00pm, south field) [Fall Season and Spring Seasons]
- L.A. County Fair (September)
- South Hills Academy Harvest Festival in October (Hay Maze)
- Hurst Ranch Harvest Festival (Third Saturday in October)
- Monthly Conditioning Hikes and Clean-up to local parks such Galster Park, 3-Oaks Bridle Trail in Walnut, and Schabarum Park in Rowland Heights (On-going throughout the year)
- Red Cross Blood Drive (November & March)
- Parents' Place - Bi-annual Educational Fairs to be held on our campus, Saturday, October 14th & November 4th 2019